Head of Department:
prof. Bogdan M. Wilamowski
tel. +48 17 866 11 05
Deputy Head of Department:
dr inż. Janusz Korniak
tel. +48 17 866 11 05
mgr inż. Mateusz Liput
tel. +48 17 866 11 49
The University of Information Technology and Management is one of the leading non-public universities in Poland. The Department of Intelligent Systems and Networks is a part of the Faculty of Applied Computer Science.
- Computer Networks,
- Telecommuniacation Systems,
- Network Security,
- Multimedia Networks,
- Wireless Networks,
- Principles of Physics,
- Fundamentals of electronics ,
- Computer system architecture,
- Operating systems.
- Network Technologies,
- Elements of Automation and Robotics,
- Fundamentals of Measurements for ICT,
- System and Network operation,
- Wireless Telecommunication,
- E-business and Electronic Services,
- Advanced Network Technologies
prof. Bogdan Wilamowski, Ph.D.Hab – Head of Department
Dan Wilamowski, MS 1966, PhD 1970, DSc 1977, became a Full Professor in 1987 and over a 20 year period served as Department Head for Solid State Electronics, Director of the Institute for Electronic Technology in Gdansk as well as a group leader in two R&D Centers in Poland. He held visiting positions at Tohoku University for 3 years and at the University of Arizona for 2 years. He was tenured at both the University of Wyoming and the University of Idaho. For the last 8 years he has served as Alumni Professor and Director of the Alabama Micro/Nano Science and Technology Center at Auburn University. He is the author of 4 textbooks, 5 handbooks, 325 refereed publications, 29 patents and has directed 140 graduate students to completion of their degrees. For his commitment to research and education, he has received several national and international awards.
Mirosław Hajder, Ph.D
Doctor of technical sciences (Kiev University of Technology, 1990), Master of Computer Science (Ukrainian National Technical University in Kiev).
Research interests focus on cybersecurity, edge computing networks and CAD / CAM / CAE systems. He also deals with the design, construction, implementation and operation of information systems of industrial enterprises. In this regard, he conducts research, expert opinions and consultancy. He actively participates in many IT projects carried out at the university.
Janusz Kolbusz, Ph.D
Janusz Kolbusz received his MSc degree in 1998 from Rzeszow University of Technology, Poland. He received his PhD degree in telecommunication engineering in 2010 from the University of Technology and Agriculture in Bydgoszcz, Poland. His current research LAN traffic modeling and focuses on the GMPLS networks.
Janusz Korniak, Ph.D – Deputy Head of Department
Janusz Korniak received his MS degree in 1997 from Rzeszow University of Technology, Poland and since this year he has been working at the University of Information Technology and Management in Rzeszow as teaching and research assistant in the Department of Intelligent Systems and Networks.. He received PhD degree in telecommunication engineering in 2005 from University of Technology and Agriculture in Bydgoszcz, Poland. His current research focus on reliability of optical transport networks. Janusz Korniak is the author of numerous scientific publications in this field. Currently he works in UITM as associate professor.
Mateusz Liput, M.Sc. – Secretary of Department
Mateusz Liput received his M.Sc. degree in telecommunications engineering from Rzeszow University of Information Technology and Management in 2019. He is working at the University of Information Technology and Management in Rzeszów, Poland, as a assistant in the Department of Intelligent Systems and Networks. Interests related to computer networks and security.
Kamil Dembowski, M.Sc.
Master of Computer Science with the specialization: Cisco Network Infrastructure and Services (University of Information Technology and Management in Rzeszów, Faculty of Applied Computer Science, 2019)
His research interests focus primarily on the developing technologies of the Internet of Things and cybersecurity. He is also interested in computer networks, computer network security, operating systems, and virtualization techniques.
Roman Korostenskyi, M.Sc.
A graduate of Computer Science (University of Information Technology and Management based in Rzeszów, 2014).
His research interests are focused on computer networks. He conducts CCNA and IT Essentials trainings.
Łukasz Sabo, M.Sc.
Władysław Czajka, Ph.D
Doctor of technical sciences, Rzeszów University of Technology, awarded by the Resolution of the Council of the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering and Aviation on December 19, 1990.
Master’s degree – full-time studies at the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, completed on June 11, 1980 in the field of mechanics, specializing in machine technology.
- New approaches for effective training of complex intelligence systems (NCN – UMO-2015/17/B/ST6/01880) leader: prof. Bogdan Wilamowski
- Intelligent nonlinear systems with shallow and deep architectures (NCN – UMO-2013/11/B/ST6/01337) – leader: prof. Bogdan Wilamowski
- New methods of architecture analyse and optimatization for next generation complex telecommunication networks (RPO WP 2007-2013 1.3) – leader: dr Paweł Różycki
- Neural and immune support for analysis and synthesis of technical objects models on the basis of structures using graphs rare in conditions of incomplete information (RPO WP 2007-2013 1.3) – leader: dr Mirosław Hajder
- P.Rozycki, J. Kolbusz, G. Krzos, B.M. Wilamowski, Implementation of Deep Neural Networks for Industry Applications, IECON 2018, Washington, US
- X.Meng, P. Rozycki, J.-F. Qiao, B.M. Wilamowski, Nonlinear System Modeling using RBF networks for industrial application, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, Volume: 14, Issue: 3, March 2018 , pp. 931 – 940
- J. Kolbusz, P. Rozycki, B. M. Wilamowski , The study of architecture MLP with linear neurons in order to eliminate the ”vanishing gradient” problem, Artificial Intelligence and Soft Computing. ICAISC 2017. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, (LNCS, volume 10245)
- P. Rozycki , J. Kolbusz, O. Lysenko, B. M. Wilamowski , Improvement of RBF Training by Removing of Selected Pattern, Artificial Intelligence and Soft Computing. ICAISC 2017. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, (LNCS, volume 10245)
- Z. Su; J. Kolbusz; B. M. Wilamowski, Linearization of Bipolar Amplifiers Based on Neural-Network Training Algorithm , IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, 2016, Volume: 63, Issue: 6, pp3737 – 3744
- J. Richardson, J. Korniak, P. D. Reiner, B. M. Wilamowski, Nearest-Neighbor Spline Approximation (NNSA) Improvement to TSK Fuzzy Systems, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, 2016, Volume: 12, Issue: 1, pp: 169 – 178
- P. Rozycki, J. Kolbusz, B. M. Wilamowski, Estimation of Deep Neural Networks Capabilities Based on a Trigonometric Approach, INES 2016, Budapest
- X. Wu, P. Rozycki, B. M. Wilamowski, Single Layer Feedforward Networks Construction Based on Orthogonal Least Square and Particle Swarm Optimization, ICAISC 2016, Zakopane, 158-169
- P. Rozycki, J. Kolbusz, R. Korostenskyi, B. M. Wilamowski, Estimation of Deep Neural Networks Capabilities Using Polynomial Approach, ICAISC 2016, Zakopane, pp. 136-147
- P. Różycki, J. Kolbusz, B. Wilamowski, Dedicated Deep Neural Network Architectures and Methods for Their Training, IEEE 19th International Conference on Intelligent Engineering Systems (INES’15) Bratislava, 3-5 September 2015, pp. 73-78
- P. Różycki, J. Kolbusz, T. Bartczak, B. Wilamowski, Using Parity-N Problems as a Way to Compare Abilities of Shallow, Very Shallow and Very Deep Architectures, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol. 9119, ICAISC 2015, Zakopane, pp. 112-122
- M. Pukish, P. Różycki, B. Wilamowski, PolyNet – A Polynomial-Based Learning Machine for Universal Approximation, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, 2015, Volume: 11, Issue: 3, pp. 708 – 716 (IF=8.785)
- C. Cecati, J. Kolbusz, P. Siano, P. Różycki, B. Wilamowski, A novel RBF Training Algorithm for Short-term Electric Load Forecasting: Comparative Studies, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, 2015, Volume: 62, Issue: 10, pp. 6519 – 6529 (IF=6.498)
- X. Wu, P. Różycki, B. Wilamowski, Hybride Constructive Algorithm for Single – Layer Feeforward Network Learning, IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks and Learning Systems, 2015, Volume:26, Issue: 8, pp. 1659-1668 (IF=4.291)
- H. Yu, P. D. Reiner, T. Xie, T. Bartczak, B. M. Wilamowski: An Incremental Design of Radial Basis Function Networks. IEEE Trans. Neural Netw. Learning Syst. 25(10): 1793-1803 (2014)
- M. Hajder, J. Kolbusz, T. Bartczak, Effective method for optimizing hierarchical design process for interactive systems, Human System Interaction (HSI), 2013 The 6th International Conference on , vol., no., pp.227,230, 6-8 June 2013
- M. Hajder, J. Kolbusz, T. Bartczak, Cost models for life-cycle phases of information systems, Human System Interaction (HSI), 2013 The 6th International Conference on , vol., no., pp.231,234, 6-8 June 2013
- M. Hajder, J. Kolbusz, T. Bartczak, Undirected graph algebra application for formalization description of information flows, Human System Interaction (HSI), 2013 The 6th International Conference on , vol., no., pp.235,240, 6-8 June 2013
- D. Hunter, H. Yu, Pukish M. S., J. Kolbusz, B. M. Wilamowski, Selection of Proper Neural Network Sizes and Architectures—A Comparative Study, IEEE Trans. on Industrial Informatics, vol. 8, no. 2, 2012, pp. 228 -240
- Xie Tiantian, Yu Hao, J. Hewlett, P. Różycki, B. Wilamowski, Fast and Efficient Second-Order Method for Training Radial Basis Function Networks , IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks and Learning Systems, 2012, Volume: 23, Issue: 4, pp 609 – 619
- P. Siano, C. Cecati, H. Yu, J. Kolbusz, Real Time Operation of Smart Grids via FCN Networks and Optimal Power Flow, IEEE Transaction on Industrial Informatics, vol. 8, no. 4, 2012, pp. 944 – 952
- J. Korniak, P. Różycki, Partial Redundancy of the Control Plane Routers in the GMPLS Controlled Optical Networks, 3th International Workshop on Reliable Network Design and Modeling (RNDM’11), 5-7 październik 2011, Budapeszt
- P. Różycki, A. Jajszczyk, The Weighted Graphs Approach for the GMPLS Network Reliability Enhancement, 2nd International Workshop on Reliable Network Design and Modeling (RNDM’10), October 2010, Moscow
- J. Korniak, P. Różycki, The method of GMPLS network reliability evaluation, in Image Processing and Communications Challenges 2 ed. R.S. Choras, Springer-Verlag Berlin, pp. 417-424, 2010
- J. Korniak, P. Różycki, Service availability analysis of GMPLS network, Proceedings of 14th International Telecommunication Network Strategy and Planning Symposium (NETWORKS), pp. 292-296, September 2010, Warsaw
- P.Różycki, J. Korniak, A. Jajszczyk, GMPLS Network Reliability Enhancement by Using the Dominating Nodes Approach, IEEE International Conference on Communications ICC 2009, June 2009, Dresden
- P.Różycki, J. Korniak, A. Jajszczyk, „Failure Detection and Notification in GMPLS Control Plane”, IEEE ICC 2007, „Workshop on GMPLS Performance Evaluation: Control Plane Resiliance”, June 2007, Glasgow
- A. Jajszczyk, P. Różycki, „Recovery of the Control Plane After Failures in ASON/GMPLS Networks” – IEEE Network Magazine, January/February 2006, s. 2-10
- M. J. Matczak, J. Korniak, A super-resolution method based on signal fragmentation, Opto-electronics Review, vol. 11(4), p. 339-344, 2003
36-020 Tyczyn, Poland
International Education Center Building,
Tel: +48 17 866 11 05
Consultation dates are available on the websites of individual academic teachers. The list is available in People tab.
Consultation of cooperating people:
M.Sc. Marcin Jagieła – set individually via email: firstname.lastname@example.org